Monday, March 14, 2011

on the fact that I am a whiner

One of the goals on my 99 in 999 list is to make a list of three great things that happen every day for six months.  This is because I am Whiny McWhinerson.  So, starting today, I will be posting daily, and you better not complain about it, because this is a complaint-free zone for the next six months.

To quote myself: "If you ever have a day when you're feeling upset, inferior, frustrated, or annoyed with everything going on in your life, come post a comment on my entry for that day.  Find at least three wonderful things that happened that day and brag about them.  I've found that the more you talk about them, the more you notice them, which is why I'm excited to start 'gratitude hunting.'"

You heard me, anonymous blog stalkers.  This is a participatory project! 

And so we began. 

From today:

1.  My HEL (read: History of the English Language) professor handed back our midterms today, and I got an A!  He even wrote "excellent job" at the top of my essay, which pretty much made me feel like a rock star.
2.  I was seriously stressing out because I've been working 60 hours a week (until my Borders store officially closes, I have two jobs) and legitimately haven't had any time between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m. to write my term paper.  Our first draft is due tomorrow, and I've barely broken the surface of graduate-level research.  I found out tonight that the draft only has to be six pages instead of the fifteen I was planning.  Six pages is a piece of cake!
3.  I was craving green olives (I know the word "craving" is always associate with "pregnant," so to preemptively answer your question: no) and Ricky immediately drove to the grocery store to get some for me.
4.  (I'll add an extra since it's the first day.)  I got to name the new computer at work.  The first name that popped into my head was "Beatrice," of Dante's Divine Comedy fame, and now every time I log onto the server I'll get to see a great literature reference.

:)

1 comments:

Rebecca said...

You could write six pages in your sleep! I saw your comments on my blog, then found yours and now I'm excited to stalk you. So there's one excitement so far. It's still early in the day out here.