Thursday, March 17, 2011

on day four

Today's bounty of blessings:

1. My dear friend Meg posted a link to eShakti on her blog, and it made me so excited when I found it.  You can pick out a cute dress and submit exact measurements, sleeve and skirt lengths, etc.  You get free customization on your first order, too.  New modest dress for me?  I think yes.

I'm struggling to find awesome things from today.  Isn't it funny how you can immediately remember all the totally crappy parts of your day, but the not-so-crappy parts take some thinking to unearth?

Oh, I remembered a good one:

2. Two of my co-workers have pre-teen daughters, and both girls made me colorful, decorated "Katie" signs for my desk!  I mean, I just met them, and they're already so sweet to me.  I'm going to see if I can make them some cute accessories.

3. I made a Goodwill stop and bought like-new copies of Wicked, Cold Mountain, and The Brothers Karamazov for $.99 each.  Even though I have a "to read" list so long that there's a good possibility I won't get to these books for at least a year, this absolutely does not diminish my satisfaction at their acquisition. 

I'm actually really surprised that, after fishing for three things that I didn't think were "good" enough to count, I feel like my day has been more productive and satisfying than I thought it was before I started. 

0 comments: